iGPR for General Practice
Intelligent GP Reporting is an end-to-end platform for producing and sending third-party reports such as those requested by insurers.
iGPR automatically removes any non-permitted data from created reports, reducing risk of excessive disclosure, and offers electronic payment processing enabling GPs to cut their reporting time significantly and obtain payments for their work faster - all without the need for any paper administration.
iGPR is provided at no cost to GPs or the NHS.
How iGPR Works
- With explicit consent from the patient, their Insurer sends a request electronically to the GP for a medical report.
- This is received in the Surgery's electronic iGPR inbox and a report can be created straight away. iGPR creates a redacted extract of patient information within minutes.
- Once any amendments are approved by the GP, the report will be sent back to the Insurer via encrypted transfer.
- Payment to the GP is processed electronically.
The system complies with stringent Information Governance legislation and is compliant with the Data Protection Act. For more information on the security surrounding iGPR and Niche Health, please visit our Information Governance page.
Benefits to GPs:
- Software, installation, support and remote training comes at no cost to the practice.
- iGPR saves huge amounts of clinical and administrative time.
- iGPR's automatic redaction tools ensure removal of non-permitted information, reducing the risk of excessive disclosure.
- The system operates over a secure network connection meeting NHS strict encryption standards.
- GPs are shown (and must accept) the patient’s explicit consent before a report may be created.
- The GP remains in complete control of the information that leaves the practice.
- The system integrates your practice's clinical system..
- The solution also features electronic payment processing.
Benefits to Patients:
- iGPR means patients can be confident their GP can securely and efficiently transfer the information they deem relevant to help with an insurance application, and for which they have given their explicit consent.
- The time saved by practices should translate into much quicker decisions on applications for insurance.
Niche Health are running free weekly online demonstrations of iGPR for which you can register here. For further information, or to arrange free installation, please contact Niche Health.
iGPR is another example of how Niche Health is supporting the drive to a paperless NHS within primary care – see how noteSpace, is releasing valuable space in practice premises.